|I used this silly photo to remind me of the life I wanted.|
Is selling your home one of the goals you hope to accomplish in the new year?
List the steps to reach your goals. Mr. Lucky and I knew we had to have a certain amount of money for a down payment on our first property. We knew we had to cultivate a relationship with a bank. We knew we had to build a good credit history so we could qualify for a mortgage.
List whatever you need to do to get your property sold. This list might include:
- Call a realtor.
- Write down what is especially desirable about your home, and what doesn’t work for you. Then, determine if any of these problems can be fixed.
- Start your cleaning and de-cluttering process.
- Download my eBook, DIY Home Staging Tips to Sell Your Home Fast and For Top Dollar, to learn all the ways staging can help sell your home, and the easy steps to staging frugally and effectively.
- Let friends and family know you plan to sell.
- Study the area you plan to relocate to, whether across town or to the other side of the globe. You’ll have a better handle on what’s ahead and what you need to bring from your present home.
- Examine the skills you have and consider how you can use the tools and knowledge you have at your fingertips.
Small steps make even the overwhelming jobs doable. Once underway, many tasks take on a life of their own. Often you will amaze yourself by what you are capable of doing if you just take the first step, then the next one, then the next one…
Step 5. Set Deadlines for Your Goals.
Make a schedule for all your goals and tasks. Review similar projects you’ve tackled in the past so you can give yourself deadlines that make sense. Deadlines keep you focused, and on schedule. And they provide a sense of accomplishment.
|One client wanted every door a different color!|
Are you able to rent your home and still move?
Would it be smarter to remodel your home and remain in it?
Are you able to owner finance your home to a buyer who doesn’t qualify for a conventional loan?
Happy New Year! May all your goals be reached.