- You've discovered -- surprise!--that making your bed takes just 60 seconds.
- Your friends come by and say, "Wow, the place looks terrific." (You wonder what they thought of it before.)
- The default answer to your most of your kid's questions is, "It's in the storage unit."
- Neighbors slow down when they drive by, just to admire your spruced up curb appeal. You hope they are motivated to spruce up their own, especially...well, never mind...
- You love coming home after being away. Sometimes you go outside, just to come back in!
- Cleaning the house is SO much easier. You're kicking yourself for waiting to declutter.
- You never knew how gorgeous -- and convincing -- silk flowers could be.
- Once in a while you actually rethink the whole selling and moving decision.
- Your realtor can't stop thanking you enough for making her job easy. Maybe she'll share the commission. Yeah, right!
|Photo: Glory Road|
- Your dog doesn't understand why you sometimes hustle him into the car, and then ride leisurely around the neighborhood. But he doesn't care.
- You feel like your house has 50% more square footage than before.
- Whenever the phone rings, the first thing you ask yourself is, "How many stacks of unsorted laundry do I have to find hiding places for? Fast."
- Your husband says about the bathroom, "I feel like we've just checked into a high end hotel." But he also asks every day, "Do I really need to hide my toothbrush and razor?" Answer: yes.
- You promise yourself you'll never bring thin towels back to the bath. Ever. You'll recycle them for drying the dog's paws.
- You've stopped cooking with garlic because you want the house to smell like gardenias until it sells.
- Paint is your new best friend. Better, your new lover.
- You kind of miss the refrigerator art show, but you're loving the kid art you've framed as expensive Soho gallery abstracts.
- You know your deceased ancestors are looking kindly at your fluffed up home, instead of asking, from heaven, "Why did she pack our photos away?"
- You have at least one chair that no one is allowed to sit in. Until after the closing.
- You realize that the furniture you've recovered and painted is going to look beautiful in your new home too. If it's not a prefect match, you know now how easy it is to recover and repaint.
- You' re entertaining more, because you're proud of your house. And you like making people jealous. And because your guests might know someone shopping for a home like yours.
- Your mother says, "It's about time you fixed your place up." Bless her heart.
Top photo: Chester Jones via Desire To Inspire.